If you want to get your business noticed, being highly ranked on the world’s number one search engine is certainly a good way. With over 32 million searches every day, the search engine gives website owners the opportunity to find new visitors from all around the globe.
Although Google makes it possible for a large audience to find your website, there are a lot of web pages competing for Google’s top stops. At present, it is estimated that Google has over 1.5 billion functioning websites on its index. For those who are new to search engine optimization (SEO) then, the thought of competing with that menu website might sound impossible, but there are plenty of ways that you can boost your ranking.
Make sure your Page Loads Quickly
If you have ever clicked on a website and it seems to take forever for the content to fully load, chances are that you left the site and click on another page instead. First impressions have always been important in life, but in the digital world, it can make or break your website.
You don’t have a lot of time to make a good first impression, as recent studies showed that if a site isn’t fully loaded in three seconds the majority of visitors will leave the site. Not only will you see visitors logging on to your competitor’s websites, if your bounce-back rate is high, but it will also have a damaging effect on your ranking position.
To make sure your website loads quickly, here are a few tips:
- The website has to be optimized
- The bounce-back rate: User experience is very important for Google. They want their users to find what it is they are searching for and that the website loads properly. If the bounce-back rate is high, it tells Google that the user is not happy with the site. Try visiting your site on slower networks to see how long it takes
- Avoid using multimedia on your site, especially on the homepage.
- Make sure there are no coding errors throughout the site.
- Images: You might have to reduce the size of some images on the site. If images are taking a long time to load on your page consider deleting them or replace them with smaller sized images. There is a lot of software available that will allow you to reduce the size of the images on your website.
- Avoid using Spam on your website.
- Consider changing web hosting providers: If you are having problems with your web hosting provider, perhaps it's time you get a new one. Try and get a provider that is located in an area close to your target audience. If your current host is based in China and the majority of your visitors are logging on to your site from Europe, consider finding a host closer to Europe.
You might be pleasantly surprised how minor alterations to your site can improve the page loading time.
Advertise on Social Media
Whether you like it or not, social media is a part of most people’s lives nowadays. With over two and a half billion people signed up to the world’s most popular platform, Facebook, it gives website owners the chance to reach out to more people. Other platforms like Instagram and Twitter are also extremely popular and people from all around the globe spend hours on a daily basis looking at the content on these platforms.
By providing good content on your profile and placing the links in the correct place can help increase your site's traffic.
Hire a Digital Marketing Company
Promoting a website online can prove extremely challenging, even for those who know what they are doing. It takes time and expertise to do it right. That's why many people opt to spend the money and hire professionals to do the work for them. There are plenty of digital marketing companies out there, such as Digitrio marketing agency.
These companies will be able to provide you with important SEO information. Deciding on a reputable company that has plenty of experience driving traffic to their customer’s websites is key. Before spending your hard-earned money on a digital marketing agency, ask to see previous websites that they have worked with.
Before you publish your website to the internet, ask others to test it first. Making sure that people can navigate through the different web pages and find what they are looking for hassle-free is key to a successful site.
A website can be an extremely powerful tool if done correctly. It can be used to sell products or services, update people on changes, allow you to interact with visitors so you get a better understanding of what they want, the list goes on. Keep in mind that a badly designed site will reflect badly on you, and it will reduce the amount of traffic you will get, even if your content is very good.