In my previous article on how to send gcash to paymaya account, I mentioned that it's not possible to send funds from Paymaya to Gcash.
However, few months after "The Big 3" Philippine digital wallets such as Gcash, Coins.ph and Paymaya was implemented and partnered with Instapay payment gateway, it becomes easier to transfer funds between these 3 digital wallets and even on some mobile banking app like BPI, BDO and Security Bank which are famous for online freelancers.
For now, at least I can say it's possible to transfer funds from your Paymaya to Gcash or Gcash to Paymaya.
How to transfer funds from Paymaya to Gcash?
- First things first, you need to download the Paymaya app on Playstore or App Store. Feel free to use my referral code when you register on Paymaya. Referral code: "cqnjnp".
- Open your Paymaya App
- Register for an account and once all done with the verification process you can now proceed to our next step
- Tap Transfer
- On Select Bank choose Gcash or G-Xchange, Inc.
- Now you will see this form below asking the amount you want to transfer, Account number (Gcash number), first name, last name, and the purpose of the transaction.
- After you tap "Continue" there's a confirmation page where you can see the page just like the image below where I'm going to send P50.00 for testing with zero transfer fee.
- Once you tap the Send button it will be on process which only takes seconds or a minute. You will then receive an SMS from Gcash that you received an amount from Paymaya Philippines, Inc. to your Gcash account.
And, that's it, we successfully transfer your funds from Paymaya to Gcash account. You can check your Gcash account if the amount reflect your balance.
To sum it up, sending money online from a different account to another is easier using these Philippine-based digital wallets. Each of these e-wallets are partnered with the largest online shopping website in the country and even some biggest shopping malls. So paying on websites online or any local store is right on your fingertips.
Feel free to share the article if it helps. :)