This trick will only work for those Facebook accounts that haven't changed their name in the last 60 days and those accounts that haven't previously confirmed their current name on Facebook.
This is 100% tested by me. I even made a YouTube video about this using my other Facebook account. Please do this only if you take the risk. Facebook can detect this in the long run. Facebook might ask you to confirm your identity once they identify that you're not of Indonesian nationality, so think first before you act.
Anyway, let's start.
- VPN Indonesia at the Play Store
- Facebook App at Play Store
- Internet Connection
- YourMind.apk (Your mind actually ;)
The first step is because we have to assume that we live in Indonesia, we have to trick Facebook into believing that we are living in Indonesia, so we have to use a VPN that will change our IP address to an Indonesian IP address.
Wait, if you're asking that there are so many countries to be chosen, why Indonesia? Uhm, according to Quora, it's because some people in Indonesia or Indonesian people don't actually have the last name, so Facebook didn't require them to fill in the last name option when they register on the social media platform and that's what we're going to do ;-).
Now, you have to download the VPN first.
- Open the VPN Indonesia app. Note it has lots of ads so beware of clicking annoying ads.
- Tap the button that looks like a paper plane.
- Ads might open, but you can skip them.
- It will automatically connect to the server. Wait until it connects. Lastly, you can see the big check icon, which means you are now connected.
If you're going to ask if you can use any other VPN with the Indonesia server, the answer is yes, you can try it. Once you're done setting up the VPN, now we're going to start to change your name on Facebook.
How to Single Name in Facebook using Mobile Phones
- Open the Facebook App
- Find the Settings & Privacy.
- Tap Settings
- Tap Language and Region
- Choose Language for buttons, titles, and other text from Facebook.
- Choose Indonesia. It will translate all the words into the Indonesian language. So you have to be familiar with all the icons in the Facebook app settings so you won't accidentally tap the wrong button. Follow the steps below.
- In the Indonesian language, go to Pengaturan (Settings).
- Choose Informa Pribadi (Personal Information).
- Then tap Nama (Name). At this time you're going to change your name, or just leave it as is, make sure that you will not put any character in the Nama belakang (Last Name) option.
- Once changed and confirmed, you will be asked for your password then. Congrats! You now have a single name on Facebook using your mobile phone.
Since we successfully changed our name, we have to change back our language to English or any language you're using from Bahasa or Indonesia so it will be not confusing when using the app. You can also disable the VPN if you don't want to use it anymore.
For the full video tutorial, you can watch the whole steps in this youtube video below.
How to Single Name on Facebook using a Mobile phone (Youtube Video)
Now we're done! You just learned how to make a single name on Facebook using a mobile phone. This tutorial is shown on Android phones, but you can do this using iPhone as well, as long as you familiarise the icons on the Facebook app so you can navigate without mistakes.
Feel free to share the article with your social media connections to do this trick as well. Enjoy! :-)
Affiliate Disclosure: KenKarlo earns commissions from the products & services featured in this article.