This trick will only work for those Facebook accounts that haven't changed its name in the last 60 days and those accounts that haven't previously confirmed their current name on Facebook.
This is 100% tested by me I even made a YouTube video about this using my other Facebook account. Please do this only if you take the risk, Facebook can detect this in the long run, they might ask you to confirm your identity once they identified that you're not an Indonesian nationality, so think first before you act.
Anyway, let's start.
- ExpressVPN at their official website or at the Play Store
- Facebook App at Play Store
- Internet Connection
- YourMind.apk (Your mind actually :wink:)
First step is because we have to assume that we live in Indonesia, we have to trick Facebook in believing that we are living in Indonesia, so we have to use a VPN that will change our IP address to Indonesian IP address.
Wait, if you're asking that there are so many countries to be chosen why Indonesia? Uhm, according to Quora, it's because some people in Indonesia or Indonesian people don’t actually have last name, so Facebook didn't require them to fill the last name option when they register on the social media platform and that's what we're going to do ;-).
Now, you have to download first the ExpressVPN.
- Open the ExpressVPN app
- Choose a location by tapping the ••• button.
- Tap All Locations
- Choose the Asia Pacific dropdown button.
- And choose Indonesia on the list.
- It will automatically be connecting to the server. Wait until it connects. Lastly, you can see the label Connected with a green power icon if it's connected.
- Follow the steps below
If you're going to ask if you can use any other VPN with the Indonesia server, the answer is yes, you can try it. Once you're done setting up the VPN, now we're going to start to change your name on Facebook.
How to Single Name in Facebook using Mobile Phones
- Find the Settings & Privacy.
- Tap Language.
- Choose Indonesia or Bahasa. It will translate all the words into Indonesian language. So you have to be familiar with all the icons in the Facebook app settings so you won't accidentally tap the wrong button. Follow the steps below.
- In Indonesian language, go to Pengaturan (Settings).
- Choose Informa Pribadi (Personal Information).
- Then tap Nama (Name), at this time you're going to change your name, or just leave it as is, make sure that you will not put any character in the Nama belakang (Last Name) option.
- Once changed and confirmed you will be asked your password then Congrats! You have now a single name on Facebook using your mobile phone.
Since we successfully changed our name we have to change back our language to English or any language you're using from Bahasa or Indonesia so it will be not confusing when using the app. You can also disable the VPN if you don't want to use it anymore.
For the video tutorial, you can watch the whole steps in here
Now we're done! You just learned on how to make single name in Facebook using mobile phone. This tutorial is shown on Android phone but you can do this using iPhone as well, as long as you familiarise the icons on the Facebook app so you can navigate without mistake.
Feel free to share the article with your social media connections to do this trick as well. Enjoy! :-)
Affiliate Disclosure: KenKarlo earns commissions from the products & services featured in this article.