The year 2020 has been a strange one for everyone. It has been difficult for businesses all around the world. Many companies suffered from losses as fewer people were willing to invest in anything. Everything came to a halt due to the pandemic. As many countries went into complete lockdown, most businesses required that their employees worked from home. These changes have taken a toll on many employers as well as employees. This new normal has not been easy for everyone, which has resulted in its productivity levels going down. In this article, you can find a few tips that could help in keeping the productivity levels up as much as possible.
- The flexibility of working hours: Most working people must have realized by now, working from home is not as easy as it sounds. When employees come to the office for work, they can leave their household responsibilities and worries behind and invest their complete concentration in their work. When employees have to work from home, however, there are so many distractions around. The typical working hours of the office might not be the ones where their productivity is the highest. Those who have children need to tend to their needs and bear with constant interruptions. With flexible working hours during this time, employees can cater to their household needs and their work needs according to the schedule that works best for them. For some, early morning might work best when the children are busy working, while for others, late nights might seem more productive while the kids are asleep. Giving your employees this flexibility would ensure that they can invest their hundred percent in their work at a time that works best for them. It is better than being forced to be online during a set time with zero levels of concentration.
- Regular online meetings with HR: The whole process of waking up for work, getting dressed, going to the office, and meeting colleagues is a motivating factor in itself. When employees are in an environment where everyone around you is busy working, the infectious work vibe of the office keeps them on their toes as well. However, when they are working from home, they might feel alienated. To help overcome this, the HR department can hold regular weekly Zoom calls that include all the team members. During the call, let the employees discuss any issues they are facing and come up with suitable solutions. They can get involved in team-building activities that would help to build each other’s motivation levels up. The HR can also set up regular online physical and mental exercise sessions that would help in keeping them active and energetic. Having a therapist on board who is available for the employees during this stressful time would also make a lot of difference in productivity levels.
- Rewards for the conscientious workers: Positive reinforcement is known to impact on employee productivity. Whether the rewards are monetary or not, it keeps the workforce motivated to do better every day. The company can have an “employee of the week” reward, where the best performer would receive a certificate along with a little gift or cash bonus. Sending the email out to the entire office with a congratulatory note to the winner would surely make everyone excited to do better. It lets your employee know that you notice and appreciate their work. They get demotivated when they feel that they are taken for granted. It has an impact on their overall performance.
- Provide employees with high-quality internet: As the employees are working from home, their work may face many interruptions when they are using their home internet connection. An average household has at least four members who are all connected to the Wi-Fi. If all of them are using it at the same time, the internet speed will get affected. It could result in late submissions, as well as employee frustrations. To avoid this, the company can provide them with a good internet connection that should only be for their work purposes.
- Track company cell phones using a monitoring software: Apps such as XNSPY are designed to monitor work phones given to the employees. It is a non-intrusive and responsive app that helps you ensure that your employees are not wasting time at work or underutilizing your company's assets. XNSPY's affordable price and seamless compatibility make it an ideal solution to keep a check on your employees' productivity levels. When they know that their employers are keeping a vigilant eye on their every move, the performance level would also increase. XNSPY is compatible with all Android smartphones operating on versions 4.0 and above, and all iPhones on versions 6.0 and above. By installing XNSPY employee monitoring software on the company-owned phones and tablets, employers can remotely access all the data saved on their devices. By using this app, you can keep your employees' procrastination levels down. Here is a list of the unique features that XNSPY offers:
- Employers can get access to their employees sent and received emails. Note that more than 50 percent of companies fire their employees because of email misuse.
- Use XNSPY's monitoring software to ensure that they are not misusing the company’s internet by downloading movies or games during work hours.
- Track their real-time location. It can be used to check whether they are meeting a client, or lying about their whereabouts.
- Check their phone logs remotely. Employers can now view their employees' complete incoming and outgoing calls, including messages they share using XNSPY. It comes handy when you want to check whether they are sharing the companies’ confidential information with anyone else.
- Use XNSPY's unique alert feature that notifies you each time an alarming word is used on the monitored device. Employers can custom-set their alerts.
While XNSPY has many benefits to the company, you must take the consent of the employees to install it. We discourage any illegal use of the software.