This innovation is a way to carry your money inside your smartphone instead of an actual wallet. To give its users to experience cashless convenience.
Gcash is a Philippine-based innovation that is BSP — Banko Sentral ng Pilipinas regulated mobile payment service that let its users use their smartphones to buy load, purchase items both online and offline, paying bills, send and receive money, scan to pay with GCash QR code, book movies, and even make a loan using its Gcredit.
There are 3 easy ways to start GCash, to avail its mobile services, you only have to get your own smartphone and mobile number using any Philippine mobile network!
How to Register to GCash?
Registration is quick and simple through the GCash mobile app, Globe *143# SIM menu, or even using Facebook Messenger.
GCash Registration through the GCash App
- Download the Gcash app in Google Play or in the App store.
- Enter your mobile number, you will receive 6 digit code for confirmations
- Copy and submit the code
- Provide all the necessary information as mentioned, Full name, Birthdate, Address, Email address.
- Choose your 4-digit MPIN, it will be used to login your account and used for all Gcash transactions.
GCash Registration through *143# Menu
- On your smartphone, dial *143# then select ‘GCash’.
- Select ‘GCash’, then ‘Register’.
- Choose a 4-digit MPIN.
- Provide the necessary information as mentioned.
GCash Registration through Messenger App
- I recommend to download or update the latest Facebook Messenger app.
- Open the Messenger App and visit @gcashofficial.
- Select the option menu and select ‘Account’.
- Select ‘Start an Account’.
- Select ‘OK’ to confirm your mobile number.
- You’ll receive a verification code via SMS. Enter this into Messenger.
How to Verify your GCash Account?
This verification process also called Know Your Customer or KYC, its the process of verifying the identity of every Gcash client where BSP regulates and requires it. You can use a variety of features when your account is KYC verified such
paying bills, getting its MasterCard where you can use to shop online and physical stores. Upon verifying you need at least 1 valid ID:
What are the Valid IDs to use with Gcash?
- Driver’s License
- Professional Regulation Commission (PRC) ID
- National Bureau of Investigation (NBI) Clearance
- Police Clearance
- Postal ID
- Voter’s ID
- Barangay Certification
- Government Service Insurance System (GSIS) e-Card
- Social Security Service (SSS) Card
- Senior Citizen Card
- Overseas Workers Welfare Administration (OWWA) ID
- Overseas Filipino Worker (OFW) ID
- Seaman’s Book
- Alien Certification of Registration/Immigrant Certificate of Registration
- Government Office and Government-Owned and Controlled Corporation (GOCC) ID (e.g., Armed Forces of the Philippines (AFP) ID)
- Home Development Mutual Fund (HDMF) ID
- Certification from the National Council for the Welfare of Disabled Persons (NCWDP)
- Department of Social Welfare and Development (DSWD) Certification
- Integrated Bar of the Philippines ID
- Maritime Industry Authority (MARINA) ID (Reference: BSP memorandum no. 2016-019)
- Company IDs issued by private entities or institutions registered with or supervised or regulated either by Bangko Sentral ng Pilipinas (BSP), Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) or Insurance Commission (IC)
- School ID with photo (for students who are beneficiaries of remittances/Cash-In or phone-to-phone (P2P) transactions who are not yet of legal age)
How to Verify Your GCash Account Online
- Go to the GCash Verification Facebook page.
- Send a message to request an account verification.
- Wait until someone of their staff replied and Fill out the form.
- Complete a brief video call to verify your GCash account. with your valid ID.
How to Verify Your GCash Account at any Globe Store and How to Get Gcash MasterCard
Gcash MasterCard is a reloadable prepaid card linked to a GCash wallet that can be used to any physical and online store that accepts MasterCard. You can also use this card to withdraw in any ATM machine around the world that accepts Mastercard. To avail
this card you have to register a Gcash account and get verified. You can avail this for just 1-3 days after you successfully registered and get verified.
- Go to any Globe store in your area.
- Upon registering a Gcash account which is mentioned here, the person in charge will encourage you to bring at least 1 valid ID for registration and verification.
- Fill the form given.
- Apply for Gcash MasterCard which you will pay for 150 or PHP 250 for a GCash Mastercard with Beep functionality.
- Wait for the SMS or email sent to you for the complete registration and KYC verification process.
How to Link your Paypal Account to Gcash Account
We know how popular Paypal is, we can see most of the shopping website online accepts Paypal for payment. And Paypal is used for withdrawal payment options for freelancing websites such as Fiverr and Upwork's users or sellers who create gigs on these sites. In able you to cash out your Paypal money you're required to link it to your bank accounts but sadly not all banks accept Paypal money, so Gcash is a huge help for you to convert your Paypal
money to cash.
Steps for linking Paypal to Gcash Account
- Open Gcash app and tap 'My Linked Accounts'
- Select Paypal
- Enter your Paypal email address to check if it's already linked or not yet, tap 'Link'
- You're going to log in your Paypal account using PayPal email and your password
- Once login, the next page is a success message and an email will be sent to your from Paypal for the linking process.
Watch it on Youtube.
If you have questions and queries or you need assistance, you can call the GCash hotline 2882 or chat via Messenger.
Image via Pexels